Banking interaction of people starts with General Banking (GB) Department of a Bank. Usually relationship of Banker customer starts through opening of account. General banking services required for a customer are provided through this department. General banking services usually rendered to customers are: all types of account opening i.e. Demand Deposit-SB, CD, Time Deposit- (FDRs) & Schemes Deposit, deposit & withdrawal of money, issuance of Cheque/Cards, payment order (PO) /Demand Draft (DD)/Telephonic Transfer (TT), collection of different bills, electronic fund transfer i.e. EFT, RTGS. Other issues under the purview of GB Department: Bank’s/Branch’s security and cleanliness, maintenance of transaction profile, addressing of anti-money issues. Details of the General Banking issues are available in the Banking Studies part of the site.
- Personal Accounts: Individual Account, Minors Account, Joint Account, Illiterate Person’s Account
- Company Accounts: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership Firm Account, Limited Company Account
- Special Types of Accounts: Trust Account, Executor’s Account, Administrator’s Account, Account in the Name of Club/Society, Account in the Name of Non-Government School/ College/ Madrasah / University/ Mosque
- Government and Local Government Account
- Other Account Operational Issues